Madison, TN asked in Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Tennessee

Q: I have been served TPO.

My ex girlfriend stated I stalked her and sent unwanted text which are false. I have text showing her stating we were working on our relationship, her waking me up for church. What should I do?

1 Lawyer Answer

Anthony M. Avery

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Right now it is a civil matter, and the actual facts do not matter much. She does not want anything to do with you, so do not contact her or even drive by her home. Even if she contacts you, hang up. Later on after the Restraining Order elapses due to time, only then do you let her contact you first. If you are charged with Domestic Assault, it will destroy a large part of your future life.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.