Kingston, PA asked in Divorce, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Change of jurisdiction to Federal Court for Divorce invl Swiss native?

No-fault divorce proceedings 3 years; Wife, Plaintiff in Switzerland since 2016 non-compliant with basic Discovery; Final Master Hearing seems worthy of mistrial (third party considered disreputable by legal system provided telephony technology via her cell phone, as one example); Defendant filed Exceptions to Masters Report; awaiting scheduling of de novo hearing; trial court failures compounding by the month, coupled with those replete in Divorce Master Procedurals warrant Defendant requesting Federal Court jurisdiction?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: This matter is far too complicated for anyone on this site to offer you suggestions as to how to proceed. If you do not already have an attorney representing you, then please consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area. Someone needs to sit down with you and review everything that's already occurred before offering advice and options. If you do have representation, then I would expect that you will discuss your concerns with him or her because your counsel has far more familiarity with the case than anyone in a simple question and answer internet site might. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.