Minneapolis, MN asked in Child Custody for Minnesota

Q: I need help with my answer and counter, for custody and parenting time.

I don't have an attorney as of yet, but only have a week left to respond with my answer and counter. I'm freaking out because I have no idea which paperwork i need to fill out and send back right away...please help. I've filled out most of it already but do I have to have all of the confidential and financial information too? i heard somewhere that i have another 30 days to have the financial ones done, from the time I serve my answer and counter petition. Is that true? What exactly do I need to have and/or not need to have to respond in a quick manner. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
D. Patrick McCullough
D. Patrick McCullough
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • St. Paul, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: There is much more to be concerned about than just the time elements in a Divorce case. You should consider hiring a family law attorney to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.