Washington, DC asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Can he sue? What can he do?

My fiancé was charged with corruption of a minor four years ago and placed on probation. The girl was 15 (which he didn’t know) and he was 19. She lived in PA and him in MD. He was charged in PA. All they did was get food, go bowling, watch a movie at his house, and kiss some. He did have her out past curfew. She lied to the police and said that they had sex even though they didn’t. Because of his charge and trial, he had to drop out of college and is unable to have a career in what he was studying. Can he sue her for defamation or something similar? Especially since she is no longer a minor.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zak Taylor Goldstein
Zak Taylor Goldstein
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: No, not if he was convicted of the crime.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.