Riverton, UT asked in Immigration Law for Wisconsin

Q: I am on F1 CPT but don't want to immigrate, How long will it take to get my EB4

I am on F1 CPT but don't want to immigrate, I am a resident of Wisconsin and got my PhD from 1995 to 1998 from UW Madison, I came back in 2013 to do my MS and graduated in 2017 December, I want to apply for EB4, I have registered a non profit new age religious and ecological organisation in January 2018 in Seattle, and have ties with my parent organisation in Rishikesh India, I can obtain supporting documentation. How long will it take to get my EB4? I would also like to consult on AI and chat-bots, which is my expertise, can I get my greencard/EAD?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: There is no backlog for India in the EB-4 category for religious workers.

To be eligible for a green card in the religious worker category, you must:Religious Workers

Have been a member of a bona fide non-profit religious denomination for at least two years prior to the filing of form I-360;

Have been working continuously for the past two years immediately prior to filing the immigrant petition: As a religious minister in a religious vocation either professional or non-professional capacity, or in a religious occupation either professional or nonprofessional capacity; and

Seek to enter the United States solely to carry out such religious occupation of the employer’s denomination.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.