Charleston, WV asked in Personal Injury for West Virginia

Q: My apartment complex has a fountain that kids play in and my daughter was injured

-- what are the laws about an "attractive nuisance" i keep hearing about?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: For you to make a successful claim on behalf of your daughter, you must prove that the owner or manager of the complex was negligent. In other words, did the owner or manager do something that they should not have done, or fail to do something that should have been done, and was that negligence a cause of your daughter's injuries? West Virginia does not recognize the "attractive nuisance" doctrine.

I recommend that you contact a local injury attorney to discuss your daughter's case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.