Clermont, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: I am hiring an attorney for my divorce but my husband doesnt want one because we agree on everything. Can he do that?

My husband and I want to get a divorce. We have 2 kids and own a home, but everything is amicable and we agree on all matters. I am hiring an attorney to do the paperwork and tell me what all I need to do since I have never done this before. He doesnt want one since we agree on everything. Will he be able to do his part in this without an attorney?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: As long as he signs off on the agreement he is not required to have an attorney.

Gale H. Moore
Gale H. Moore
  • Largo, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Many people do go through a divorce unrepresented. However when you have children or real estate (or in your case both) it really is much better to hire an attorney to ensure that everything is completed corrected to avoid negative long term consequences.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.