Oak Creek, WI asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Wisconsin

Q: Car accident. Advanced spine issues from mild-to-moderate now moderate-to-severe. She was charged with 100% of accident.

If I take an attorney and agree to pay 33%, could I end up loosing money by having to pay the attorney more than what will cover my bills?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Contact a member of the Wisconsin Assn for Justice--they give free consults. Normally settlement is structured so that you get at least 1/3.

However doing it yourself means you may well give the other side information it will use against you, you will get things wrong, and you will be solely responsible for paying back subrogation claims and yes, you could lose money and have even more problems.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.