Q: Need a change of Venue form for Tennessee, and how to file a harrassment

8 times by same officer. Never found anything, always cuffs me to bumper of his car takes my shoes.

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I would put together any paperwork or charges that resulted from these apprehensions. Then seek out a competent Civil Rights Attorney. Without an Arrest, your case for Damages is not good, but it does make it more likely you will win a Government Tort Liability Act suit. After filing suit , you might discover his Incident Reports or the Dispatcher's Logs.

If you have less than a perfect record, it may not be worth pursuing. Act fast as only a year to file is allowed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.