Scottsboro, AL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Tennessee

Q: I am trying to find my sons bio dad for child support summons. He works under the table. What can I do

Judge in Davidson county TN granted my divorce by default. Defendant could not be located and was served via publication for divorce hearing. The judge said child support could not be set because he was unable to be located. The child support office in Davidson county TN can not locate him. He also has a waiting summons out of Dickson county TN for child support arrears. If he can’t be found, how can I (or the other plaintiff in the Dickson case) find him to have him served? He works for cash under the table and most likely has no lease (or his current girlfriend is the only one on the lease). I’m just trying to do right for my child and make sure he faces his responsibilities as a parent.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kimberly K. Schreiber
Kimberly K. Schreiber
  • Memphis, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Have you tried hiring a private detective? I know that can be expensive, but it is likely the only way to have someone dedicated to finding him. They can use social media and also try to track him through his girlfriend.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.