Fayetteville, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: Ok, my boyfriend got locked up in March. His court appointed attorney is doing nothing for him.

He would like a speedy trial if possible? His charges are fleeing and eluding, driving with no liscense and burgulary. he was on the local news and newspapers. they show the chase and show him getting arrested. i don't know what to do or how to? It's summer time and he has three boys he needs to be with right now. or he will plea out, he just wants to get out of the county jail and go onto prison or a trans center.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

David Edward Boyle

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would suggest you contact a lawyer in Fayette County who practices criminal law. Filing a speedy trial usually has some additional consequences, that are particular based upon the jurisdiction. Also, felony fleeing and eluding generally requires at least 1 year in prison, and you cannot get probation on it.

William Head

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sandy Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Call y partner, Larry Kohn. 404-538-3373. He will need more details about the case and current attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.