Northfield, OH asked in Child Custody, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania

Q: If I am 16, can I legally move out of my house without parental consent? I would be moving into a healthy, safe home.

From what I have read, I cannot be made to move back in with my family unless I am in physical danger where I am staying. I want to move out as soon as possible. I may be pregnant and staying in this home will threaten the safety of myself and my baby. I will be 17 in five months. Please give me some kind of answer, I need it as soon as I can get it. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: First of all, I see you're asking from Ohio -- and this is a Pennsylvania law forum. The answers you get here will be about Pennsylvania law only. If you're looking for Ohio law, I suggest you post your question there.

As for a summary of your options and Pennsylvania law concerning your issues, take a look at this:

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.