Orange Park, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: Can I go back to court and re-negotiate the terms of our divorce agreement?

I officially got divorced in August last year. I agreed to pay a storage and dock fee for the boat we co-owned a the time (but only she has sole use of the boat) until the boat is sold (which she is supposed to do). It is coming up on a year and she has still not sold the boat and I am still paying $200 per month. Can I go back to court and request to no longer pay this as she has had ample time to sell the boat?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes, first read the agreement carefully for any conditions. You can go back to court for a modification of the agreement.

Cheryl Fletcher
Cheryl Fletcher
  • Palm Beach Gardens, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If there is a time limit in which the former wife was supposed to sell the boat and she hasn’t done so, then you may have a contempt action against her.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.