Detroit, MI asked in Employment Law for Michigan

Q: Can my employer hold my Pay check pending an invitation. It's been 3 weeks no letter no call no check.

I was suspended then fired didn't know why until my pay check didn't post that following week. Then I was told that they're holding my last check pending an invitation and the cops would contact me. I asked for the detective on this case phone number they were very rude about i and didn't give me any information. It's been 3 1/2 weeks now still no call no letter nothing. I went to my police department was told that they have no record of any investigation on me. I even contacted the police department in Sparta where their corporate office is and was told no record of any kind on me they no nothing about an investigation. I really need some advice please and thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marlo Bruch
Marlo Bruch
  • Kalamazoo, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: It is unclear what the investigation is about. I recommend you contact the Michigan Office of Wage and Hour to file a complaint for the unpaid monies and contact an employment attorney in your area for the same.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.