Las Vegas, NV asked in Uncategorized for Indiana

Q: My brother is in a nursing home they say he has alzheimers his wife has the POA but she is cheating on him what can i do

How can I go about getting that taken away from her she has a baby with my nephew while he is in a nursing home and she is using his money. Please can I get some info as I cant afford a lawyer and I need help he is my brother.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Florian Steciuch
Alexander Florian Steciuch
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: If you believe that your brother is incapacitated and being abused, your best chance is to file for guardianship over your brother. However, be aware that in Indiana the presumed first choice of guardian is actually the person's POA, followed by their spouse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.