Freeport, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: Daughter needs a divorce attorney that will fight for herhusband left her while sick for stripper

Just weeks after brain surgery he left her. Took marital bed, everything of value. He was bread winner. Has successful company, $150.g in 2 cars,nice home. She has nothing. They were living together 7 of the 14 years.he now refuses to let her see her son, because she won’t sign divorce papers in which he wants her to give up her rights to child and pay him child support. His stripper can’t have children. He is narcissistic and cruel. Had been jailed for child abuse. And had hit her daughter leaving bruises when 5 yr old. Daughter is passive. Just wanted it over. He mentally and emotionally destroyed her. She is just getting to the point where she doesn’t cry when she would pick her son up. Just to find out he has his son calling stripper girlfriend “mom”. she is still his wife, legally. I am telling her to go for half his assets, custody of child and one car . Child support. Need a fighter to help with this battle. She didn’t deserve this. Who could win this for her??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shiobhan Olivero
Shiobhan Olivero
  • Brandon, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Hi. Your daughter definitely needs to consult with an attorney to discuss her options. There are a lot of factors at play here, and would best be discussed in a confidential consultation with an attorney. Although no one can guarantee a "win" or an outcome on the case, it appears your daughter has several options she can pursue in the court system.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.