Peru, IN asked in Tax Law for Indiana

Q: I have owned my home for 23 years and paid my property taxes. I had a two story barn that is shared with neighbors was

Leaning and it had to be taken down. There was no way if just taking one side down. The slum Lord of the house it was shared with fought city about it being demolished He finally lost and the city demolished it. Now the city added the charges of 2000. To my tax bill I list NY job after 32 years and do not have 2200. To pay the tax bill. Is this legal because the taxes are county and the charges for barn are from the city. If this is the case I will lose my house even if I just pay the property taxes of 200

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Florian Steciuch
Alexander Florian Steciuch
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: No one is going to be able to give you an adequate answer on here. You should consult with a local attorney in your area, specifically someone who has experience in property tax disputes and real estate matters.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.