Duncannon, PA asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Pennsylvania - My (now former) employer has not been providing me with paystubs and has been shorting paychecks

Since December 2017 I have only received 1 paystub (paid weekly every Friday) and I feel my paychecks have been consistently short. I have asked for them in person multiple times and by text message once for records purposes.

I was physically hit by boss when I mentioned having to contact the labor board about the missing paystubs and subsequently told to get off his property when I said I was calling the police.

Attempted to pick up final paycheck 2 days after normal payday during business hours and my paycheck was not there.

How do I get copies of my paystubs so I can prove that my paychecks have been shorted?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Talk to the wage hour division of the department of labor. You can file a police report.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.