Maple Grove, MN asked in Child Custody for Minnesota

Q: Will the father of my child get his modification of parenting time accepted?

The father of my child moved to Flordia at the beginning of June for personal wants with his girlfriend and their child. My daughter was seeing her father every other weekend Thursday through Monday and now he is asking for her to fly over to Flordia to spend the summer there. I told him I only wanted him to come to the state to visit her in the summer or whenever he can and I would accommodate to those visits. He moved not for the best interest for our child but for himself. I do not feel that travel and being away from her home for 2 whole months is good for her mentally and is not in her best interest. He is cutting his parenting time in half. How likely will the judge agree to his motion?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
D. Patrick McCullough
D. Patrick McCullough
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • St. Paul, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: There are so many other facts an attorney would need to know. I suggest you contact an attorney versed in Family Law to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.