Marietta, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: I had went jail for a false stament to a cop. I have a felony charge.

The reason for the false stament was because i was nerovues scared and i felt so pressured to answer . now i have a felony charge and i do not want to spend time in jail i am young with a baby to take care and this is my first time in 19 years to go to jail . i never had no problems with the law .

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

David Edward Boyle

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to hire a lawyer to represent your interest to avoid jail and having a felony on your record.

Kimberly Wilder

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Augusta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I highly suggest that you hire a lawyer because a conviction for False Statements carries a sentence of 1-5 years in confinement and up to a $1000 fine.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.