Pennsauken, NJ asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: My ex was incarcerated three years ago had the baby in jail don’t know were she’s at need help... my name isAaron

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Hi, Aaron. Not trying to be smart but it sounds like you need a private investigator more than an attorney right now. Try using one or more of those paid internet people search engines. If you know what county she committed her jailable offense in, you may be able to find an old address on that statewide criminal record base. She might still be on probation. You can ask former friends and her family if they know where she is. Former employers and neighbors could shed some light on her whereabouts. If you have no success, then contact a local private investigator who has solid reviews to help you. Once she's located, then contact an attorney about the child, which I assume you believe is hers.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.