Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Georgia

Q: I'm in Mississippi but the father is in Louisiana my daughter is 6 yrs old and he hasn't paid any child support

I've tried my local office with no help we have dna through private attorney but I couldn't afford to keep paying lawyer fees

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Ellaretha Coleman

  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to consult with an attorney in your state as the laws differ from state to state.

Homer P Jordan IV agrees with this answer

Homer P Jordan IV

  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should consult with an attorney in your state and see what their recommendations are. They should be able to help you plan the proper course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.