Skokie, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: Speeding 35+ mph I-294 (Illinois) Lake County, what are my options?

Got a speeding ticket this morning on I-294 (Illinois) Lake County. Officer assigned a court date in a month. (Lake County Traffic Court in Mundelein, IL) Speeding 35+ mph over, 102mph in 65pmh zone, Chapter 625, Act 5, Section 11-601.5(b). Looking to see what are my options & approximate costs? Thanks in advance!

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Mr. Stephen A Brundage

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Wheaton, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Feel free to call our office to discuss this. 630-260-9647

Juan Ooink

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bolingbrook, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You have been charged with a Class A Misdemeanor which is punishable by up to 364 days in jail and up to $2,500.00 in fines not including mandatory fees and costs. You will want to hire an attorney as soon as possible so that attorney can start working on the case.

Brandon K. Davis

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Northfield, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The goal is typically a reduction of the offense with court supervision to keep your record clean. You would be encouraged to contact an attorney directly to discuss the specifics of the situation, your prior record and most appropriate strategy to ensure the best possible result.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.