Jersey City, NJ asked in Civil Rights and Social Security for New Jersey

Q: My wife is chinese with "language learning" disability

we have been married since 2003 and she had her green card over 14 years ago.

is there anyway for her to get her US passport without the language test or using an attorney present etc.

she will be 65 this November.

appreciate any advise, paid or unpaid

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: This neither civil rights nor social security. It is immigration.

If you are willing to spend money, then hire an immigration attorney. It appears there is a social security issue. Does a relatively small amount of money now reap a much larger amount later?

What is the monthly payment from social security

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.