Parkersburg, WV asked in Car Accidents and Criminal Law for West Virginia

Q: Today in wv I was in a car accident...failure to maintain control, and 2nd offense driving on a suspended. Can I go to

JaiL when I go to plead before the magistrate?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
D. Michael Burke
D. Michael Burke
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Martinsburg, WV

A: Your question is out of my area of practice, but I believe that if you enter a not guilty plea, bail will be set. If you don't pay the bail, you will likely be held until you do make bail. If you plead guilty or are found guilty at trial, it's possible that you would be sentenced to jail. You should call a local attorney who handles criminal cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.