Manila, AR asked in Family Law and Child Support for Arkansas

Q: Fiancee never misses a CS payment, yet we can barely financially survive. What do we do?

Fiancee pays CS for his 2 younger children. He also has a child (separate from others) that lives in the home that is a dependent whom is 17. After paying CS, there is hardly anything left for the dependent living with him. So now shes suffering. Will the courts take that into consideration with a review? Also, he pays CS yet the mother does not have a job. Hasn't for over 2 years, living with her family. Doesn't the custodial parent also have an equal responsibility to paying for their children? Why do we go without when he pays CS yet she doesn't have to have a job to support her own kids? Collecting over $500 in SNAP and allows her mother to claim the kids in tax returns and then gives her the money... isn't that tax fraud? Am I missing something? Saving for an attorney now but these things take time. Don't know what direction to take...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stewart Whaley
Stewart Whaley
  • North Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: When child support was set, did dad make sure OCSE was aware of the older dependent?

Whether the mother has a job or not, dad still owes support for minor children.

Not an accountant, but grandmother can collect tax credit, IF she meets several tax code requirements.

Might be, might not.

A reviewing attorney will have a lot more information, look for issues you could be missing or don't realize are important.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.