Mineral Springs, AR asked in Probate for Arkansas

Q: Can't get my car registration changed over due to my uncle not paying HIS lawyer. Probate is final through the court.

My uncle hired a lawyer on his own to appoint himself administrator of parents estate. My mom and aunt then hired a lawyer to petition against him. Judge appointed a unbiased administrator who just happens to be prosecuting attorney for county. The probate was final in court. The estate paid the administrator, but judge only ruled that 1000.00 of the 6500 that his attorney billed him from estate which he was given. So I love I'm Colorado and they said I can't get registered in my name due to probate not being "closed " because my uncle hasn't paid his attorney who only represented him by filing probates and at court hearing for petition against him being administrator. How can myself or estate be responsible for paying his personal attorney in which the estate paid him the money for what the judge allowed as reasonable?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Don Spears
Don Spears
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Benton, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Most states have what they call an affidavit of heir ship that you can fill out showing you as the heir. I am assuming that your uncle gave you the car by will?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.