Meridian, ID asked in Bankruptcy for Idaho

Q: Can trustee come after our home almost a year after the BK discharge? Is there no statute of limitation?

BK was discharged late 2017. We have a property in Mtn Home that the title company made a clerical error on recording the deed and so the trustee was going after that house before the BK discharge. We went to the trustee hearing and he mentioned nothing regarding the home we are living in. Almost a year later, now he is requesting the Realtor to look at our home. The market has improved and we have continued to pay on the home. The numbers today are not the same as a year ago. I feel like we are being double punished for something that the court already discharged.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You need to hire a competent bankruptcy attorney to defend this action. If there was no fraud on your part or on the petition, you can likely prevail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.