Geneva, IL asked in Elder Law for Illinois

Q: I am working to obtain Guardianship for my father aged 83 in October. Is there someone you can refer me to?

My father has a diagnosis of Alzheimer's and is no longer able to care, make decisions for himself. He is remarried however his wife nor my sister or I have Power of Attorney for him. He is at the point where greater care is necessary (as in Memory Care) and without having access to any information relating to his medical record or finances, need to obtain Guardianship.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James G. Ahlberg
James G. Ahlberg
  • Rochelle, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Practically any lawyer in your area who has a general practice of law or practices in the field of family law can handle this for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.