Asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: My Boyfriend daughter lives in Marietta Ga with her mother his ex wife and we live in Miami can he get visitation

Ex wife refuses to allow her to visit him or him to see her when he visit Atlanta. She doesn’t allow her to call or FaceTime or anything . He can’t even get a valid phone number to speak with his daughter. Is it possible he can file for visitation or joint custody ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Deborah Annette Carroll
Deborah Annette Carroll
  • Lakeland, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Have your boyfriend contact an attorney in the county in Georgia where his daughter lives. Most states have laws similar to Florida that establishes time sharing for the non custodial parent. Jurisdiction will be in Georgia though since that is where his daughter lives.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.