Detroit, MI asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Michigan

Q: Fiance being charged with felonious assault and domestic violence against me

About a month-and-a-half ago my fiance and I got into a drunken altercation. I asked the police if I could make a statement at a later time and they said no they needed it fresh in my memory. I was highly intoxicated and wrote things that I didn't mean, now he is being charged with domestic violence and felonious assault. Is there any way for us to get out of this without either of us getting in trouble? What should our next step be? I have a really good job and don't want to lose it and this would make him a habitual offender.

1 Lawyer Answer
Derrick E. George
Derrick E. George
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Royal Oak, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: I could best answer your questions if you can contact me at(248) 470-4300

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.