Asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: Felony prob in Ga. is transferred to another county. Who do I owe past due fees to?

My transfer was approved to move to another county but I am behind on supervision fees to the one that transferred me. Do I owe each county fees now? On jpay those fees look like it all goes to the State of GA and not the counties. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicola Cummings
Nicola Cummings
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • McDonough, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should speak with your PO to be 100% sure. You should owe the previous place feed until the date that your probation was transferred and fees to the new place after the transfer. Consult with a well-qualified attorney for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.