Asked in Foreclosure for Tennessee

Q: I need a lawyer to stop foreclosure in a deed of trust n tennessee

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: What are your grounds? Any competent attorney will be expensive and you will probably have to put up a Bond to put down a Temporary Restraining Order. You do not have much time and it will take alot of work to file suit in Chancery. It may be more feasible to file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, which again will be expensive for probably the first six months to a year to cure the default. If you have no grounds to contest the Foreclosure, then Chapter 13 Bankruptcy will be your only hope.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.