Philadelphia, PA asked in Child Support, Family Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I have a Nj Child Support Issue that is open since 1997 the Child is over 18 now and in 2000 I filed for adoption

I gave him up for Adoption due to have become a Single Mother a d he had Cerebral Palsy and some other Disabilities so I was told then. The State of Nj still is taking$50.00 a Week out of my Pay now they are saying the Employers are not sending this Money to.them. I Live in PA and I feel I need to speak with a Lawyer.I do not have a lot of Money and this is a great hardship.and Nightmare.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You need to address your issue with a New Jersey attorney, since New Jersey law is at play here. Try again in the New Jersey section.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.