Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: Inn what ways can I effectively respond to my boys' father who is seeking a modification? What is imputed income?

If I have had conversations with him and have seen possessions of his and things on his social media that suggest he in fact can make the payments hes claiming are too high will they be sufficiant for my defense?

Is it even too early for him to contest payments when he hasn't even made any or paid what he could, will the courts consider the fact that he has not made a payment of any kind?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dawn Padanyi
Dawn Padanyi
  • Doylestown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You need to speak with a local family law attorney familiar with support proceedings to assist you in making the best case possible and to ensure that you have admissible evidence.

Kathryn Hilbush agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.