Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: If a spouse leaves the country after desertion of family leaving real estate how long do I have to wait to sell

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Kathryn Hilbush

  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: if the property is in joint names you're going to need a court order to sell it.

Dawn Padanyi

  • Doylestown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Your question lacks details necessary to answer your question. How title to the property is held is an important factor that addresses whether or not you can sell the property alone or if you need the other titleholder involved. Depending on how title is held, you may need to involve the Court if you cannot get the other party's consent. Consult with a lawyer as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.