Clarksville, TN asked in Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I called the police on my boyfriend just so i could get my stuff and he threw me out. I did not write a report

But they still arrested him because he would not talk. What do i do to get him out of the situation or can he get the charges dropped since i didn’t write a report ? They are charging him with domestic assault

2 Lawyer Answers

Anthony M. Avery

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: He should not plead guilty to Domestic Assault under any circumstances. He needs a competent attorney now. Do not let the DA coerce you into testifying to facts that did not occur. This is a public forum and it is not appropriate to tell you everything.

Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I think that you need a lot of more answers and the police report would be a good place to start,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.