Hillsboro, OR asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Oregon

Q: Can my ex's parenting time be revoked if he continues to forget to get our kid from school on time? This is 2x / 4 wks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jessica Larsen
Jessica Larsen
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Salem, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It depends. If a consequence for forgetting the child is imposed in your parenting plan, that is enforceable. However, if the parenting plan does not provide a consequence, you cannot deny your ex his parenting time without consequence to yourself. Your only options in this matter are to file a motion to enforce the parenting agreement, which could result in an order requiring your ex to pick up the child for parenting time, or you can file a motion to modify parenting time, which could result in a change in your parenting plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.