Bend, OR asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Oregon

Q: violating parenting plan, fraudulently collecting child support

I have paid child support for two years and we had a court ordered parenting plan with joint custody. She has blocked all contact with me, last i knew she put my daughter with her grandparents and has my son (collecting child support for both), but refuses to contact me or let me see either child. This was two years ago and I have not seen them since nor know where they are. What do I file? What do I do? I can barely afford legal help, if any at all

1 Lawyer Answer
Jessica Larsen
Jessica Larsen
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hillsboro, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You want to file a Motion to Enforce the Parenting Plan. This will allow a judge to review your judgment and the evidence to determine if your ex violated the parenting plan. If the judge finds that she has, he can order her to resume contact and visitation. He can also require that the children participate in reunification counseling. If your ex does not comply, you can file for contempt, or request a change of custody. Many of these forms are available at your local courthouse, and you can fill them out with or without legal assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.