La Crosse, WI asked in Civil Litigation for Wisconsin

Q: How do I get a satisfaction letter from a plaintiff that is no longer in business???

Small Claims case from 2001 - Claim was reopened in 2010 and filed only. Talked to other party on claim and he was garnished his full amount. According to clerk of courts, we need a satisfaction letter from the plaintiff, but the plaintiff is no longer in business and unable to contact. How do I get this satisfied????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nathan DeLadurantey
Nathan DeLadurantey
  • Brookfield, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: You're going to need to file a motion with the court. You will need to explain (and show) how the plaintiff is no longer in business and that the judgment should be listed as satisfied. You may want to retain a lawyer to help you, as you are going to need to file a number of different documents with the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.