Skokie, IL asked in Immigration Law for Wisconsin

Q: I received a letter from immigration denying my naturalization that was filed in 2016. Need a lawyer to discuss specific

I filed for naturalization in 2016 when i enlisted in the army. During the cause of this time I was moved from one military base location to another within the period of 7 months allowing little or no time to provide immigration with documents they had requested at the time. When I returned back to my home of record in Madison, I went to the local Milwaukee field office to ascertain the situation of my case. On three several visits coupled with dozens of phone calls over the cause of 2017 & 2018, I was told my application was under review and no decision had yet been made. I am expected to leave the Army this Dec. 2018. However, Due to bully and racial prejudice suffered by my person whilst I was with my unit here in Madison, led me to abandon my final Annual training drill of 2018. Specifics of the issue that arose can be discussed in detail with evidence of complaints I filed to my above command but nothing was done. Immigration sent me a denial letter expecting a reply in 30 days.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: First, do what you can to stay in and get an honorable. Check with JAG corps on that. For immigration, you want to connect with a member of AILA in Madison.

There is a type of therapy called EMDR that is good for anxiety and any PTS you may have from harassment. If there are support groups for troops that have those issues, formally or informally, might also be a good stress reliever and give you emotional resources. Good luck!

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Your best bet to find an attorney in your area is to contact the local bar association or go through the American Immigration Law Association.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.