Highland Park, MI asked in Criminal Law for Michigan

Q: My son is 15 being charged with resisting arrest and disorderly,tested positive for marijuana

He was release on a personal bond and goes to court in a week. The juvenile called his school to get transcripts release for a behavioral school but we haven’t went to court yet. On paper work said parents felt to address substance use. Are they trying to lock him up or will he get release. He had a curfew ticket last year and did community service.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Adam Alexander

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Southfield, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: More facts are required to provide you with an accurate answer. I urge you to retain a lawyer to defend your son as soon as possible. I suggest you find a lawyer who regularly practices in the court where the charges were brought.

Derrick E. George

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Royal Oak, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Two legal issues to address: marijuana positive test and the resisting and obstructing arrest. Based on my experience and the juvenile record and psychological evaluation we could get him on a deferred sentence that would get both charges dismissed. I have handled many cases like this and offer a free consultation. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions via call/text at 248.470.4300

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.