Flanders, NJ asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for New Jersey

Q: hello, i would like to know if a have a invasion of privacy case

my exgirlfriend enter to my apartment without my concern, look through all my apartment for my personal stuff, took with her my tablet my cellphone my klinde, my car keys my driver license my social security card my banks cards, without my concern, she only gave back to me the next day my car keys and my personal papers, and she took pictures of my personal papers and send this documents to the company where i work. i need to know if a have a case

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: concern or permission?

You can sue. It takes a long time. How much is your monetary damages?

Does she have enough to pay any judgment?

No lawyer will accept this case on a contingency case.

Why don't you reort this to the police as a burglary?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.