Bloomfield Hills, MI asked in Personal Injury for Michigan

Q: Another driver hit my vehicle and caused damage to my csr. I was injured and didn't go to the ER. What can I do?

I did file a small claims against her. She didn't have NO insurance and NO VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE. She appeared in COURT ONE time in this case. She informed the Judge she didn't work and that she wanted to "stay home" to raise her child. To date, she hasn't paid a penny towards this claim.

With the amount awarded PLUS COURT COSTS, PROCESS SERVER FEES, AND INTEREST ON THE PRINCIPLE, it now totals over $8,000.00.

At this juncture, what can I do to collect from her?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Assuming that $8,000 is the judgment amount, you can contact a collection agency or attorney to help you collect. You have several legal options at your disposal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.