Dallas, OR asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Oregon

Q: How do I get an immediate danger order against me dismissed in the proper steps/forms

I'm involved in a custody case with my ex whom got an immediate danger order against me and I can not see my children. I was arrested for shop lifting without my children present and he filed while I was in custody and had me evicted because we had been room mates and I wouldn't move out and the arrest gave him grounds for eviction but not the temporary custody order. This is my 1st arrest and have a clean record other then that and he does not.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
M. Nicole Clooten
M. Nicole Clooten
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pendleton, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You will need to file a request for hearing, which should be available online. The burden of proof for the moving party will be whether the child or children were in imminent danger of further abuse at the time of filing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.