Mchenry, IL asked in Personal Injury for Wisconsin

Q: My child got bit at daycare from a child whos parents didnt inform provider hes a biter! Can a file against parent?

My husband runs a daycare. A mom brought her child without informing my husband that biting has been happening in her home. Her child(autistic but does speak)bit my child whos 2 years younger than hers, cannot speak or defend himself) my husband left bite marks on his arm to show him what he had done. My husband told the mom that day what happen and what he did and the parents agreed they would have bit him as well.. however now they filed against my husband for child abuse and neglect. However i feel as she has put other children at the daycare at risk as well by not informing us her child bites.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Your husband needs to get an attorney. I know he meant well but he does need an attorney.

You can sue the parents but that will cost money as their homeowners will say it's not the type of claim that they will cover.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.