Arvada, CO asked in Child Support for Colorado

Q: How do I see my child support order and arrearages owed? How do I go about paying those if been 6 yrs

I’ve had licenses, addresses, jobs and filed taxes but haven’t had any wages garnished or taxes withheld or warrant for arrest. Xwife says I do have an active child support order, but is hard to believe. 5-6 years have passed since the divorce papers were filed. My parents had my kids for 18 months when my x was struggling and applied for conservatory for my kids and said the court found no support order against me? I don’t want to get screwed down the line, I want to start paying if there is an order. If I hired a lawyer could they help forgive all arrears to my x if she agreed and then continue with monthly payments?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

John Hyland Barrett III

  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You can check with the court to see if there is a case. Maybe your ex can provide some detail re which court supposedly issued the order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.