Chicago, IL asked in Employment Discrimination for Illinois

Q: I worked in Kansas and I currently live in Illinois I filed a complaint with the EEOC in Kansas and received a right to

sue letter I'm looking for pro bono lawyer. Do I look in Illinois or Kansas?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ethan White
Ethan White
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Oak Brook, IL

A: You could likely file in the Federal district court of either state, but there is a strong possibility it would get transferred from Illinois to Kansas since that is where the events occurred and where many witnesses will reside. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.