Q: Who to best seek help from concerning someone with mental health problems who is about to loose their home

metal health issues. Has gone through all her money. Own her own home but we do not believe paying any taxes. she has a bird and dog she does not take care of. Lives with poop and pee everywhere. will not believe anything we tell her concening her finances. when they kick her out of her house what are her options? Wew have been taking care of water and heating bills but we can not do that forever.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Pittsboro, NC

A: I am sorry to hear of your situation. Your question was listed for patents (inventions). You may have meant paRents but that is not a category.

You may want to post the same question under Family law or Elder law as this is a question of intervening when a family member may not be competent to take make decisions and others need to act on that person's behalf.

I hope that this helps.

Kevin E Flynn

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.