Federal Way, WA asked in Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: I am in need of some advice. I pled voluntarily guilty to petit theft.

I was sentenced to 1 years unsupervied probation, 60 days in jail with 56 suspended and the other 4 all options. I chose to do the SLD program and had a knee injury so i didnt go to the program however i had doctors notes and still do. I was instructed to contact the prosecuting agency for ada county and they have informed me that my case manager said that the only way she will accept me back into the program is if i do the 4 days in jail. This is my first ever offense in my life and i am so scared to go to jail. It was a big mistake and i have been compliant with everything except the SLD progran which i had doctors notes for. I am a stay at home mother and the sole caretaker of my children. Is there ANY possible way i could appeal the sentencing to try and avoid going to jail? I am willing to do anything at this point i just dont want to leave my children and i am completely terrified. What is the best way i could handle this?

Thank you,

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Hello Arourah,

Before a warrant comes out you should call me and see if I can get the prosecutor to give you one more opportunity to sign up for "alternative sentencing." But you REALLY need to hurry. Otherwise there will be a warrant coming and then the only option will be to turn yourself in and sit for 5 days. Good luck to you! My number is 208-805-9880

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.